How Do I Perform a Two Sample Mann-Whitney Rank Test in Excel Using SigmaXL?
Two Sample Mann-Whitney Rank TestWe will look at comparing medians of Customer Satisfaction by Customer Type, using the Two Sample Mann-Whitney Rank test. (H0: Median2 = Median3, Ha: Median2 ≠ Median3.) The Two Sample Mann-Whitney Test is the nonparametric equivalent to the parametric Two Sample t-Test.
- Open Customer Data.xls, click Sheet 1 tab (or press F4 to activate last worksheet).
- Click SigmaXL > Statistical Tools > Nonparametric Tests > 2 Sample Mann-Whitney. If necessary, check Use Entire Data Table, click Next.
- With Stacked Column Format checked, select
Overall Satisfaction, click Numeric Data Variable (Y) >>; select
Customer Type, click Group Category (X) >>; and
Ha: Not Equal To:
- Click OK. Select Customer Type 2 and 3.
- Click OK. Resulting output:
Given the p-value of .0008 we reject H0 and conclude that Median Customer Satisfaction is significantly different between Customer types 2 and 3. This confirms previous findings and matches the results of the 2 Sample t-Test.
Click here to download a Free 30-Day Trial.
Our CTO and Co-Founder, John Noguera, regularly hosts free Web Demos featuring SigmaXL and DiscoverSim
Click here to view some now!
Ph: 1.888.SigmaXL ( 1.888.744.6295 )