Create/Edit Input Distributions
on December 23, 2015
1. Input Number is provided for reference purposes only. (To switch to a different input cell, click cancel, select the input cell and click Input Distribution.)
2. Input Name is the cell address by default. Enter a name to describe the input or click the cell reference and specify the cell containing the input name. DiscoverSim Names must be alphanumeric with no spaces. The underscore character "_" can be used as a separator. After specifying a cell reference, the drop-down symbol changes from to.
3. Input cell color can be modified by clicking on Cell Address (default colors can be changed in Help> DiscoverSim Options). Click here for detailed instructions on changing cell colors.
4. Select from Common Continuous, Advanced Continuous, Discrete or SIP Distributions. A brief description of the selected distribution is given in the dialog. Click View Distribution Formulas for distribution formula details: Probability Density Function (PDF) and Cumulative Distribution
5. If distribution fitting has been performed, the Select Stored Distribution Fit option will become available for selection of variable name(s) and stored distribution(s). The parameter values will automatically be populated.
6. Parameter values can be manually entered or click the cell reference and specify the cell containing the parameter value.
7. Click Update Chart after changing parameter values to view distribution.
8. Check Truncate and enter truncation minimum and/or maximum values to produce a truncated distribution.
9. Check Include in Specified Input Correlations (checked by default) to allow correlations to be specified for this input.
|Was this helpful? Yes No Print/Save Pdf|