How Do I Create Dotplots in Excel Using SigmaXL?
- Click Sheet 1 Tab of Customer Data.xls (or press F4 to activate last worksheet). Click SigmaXL > Graphical Tools > Dotplots.
- Ensure that entire data table is selected. If not, check Use Entire Data Table. Click Next.
- Select Overall Satisfaction, click Numeric Data Variable (Y) >>, select Customer Type, click Group Category (X1) >>:
- Click OK. Multiple dotplots of Customer Satisfaction By Customer Type are produced:
- Since all data points are shown, dotplots are a useful alternative to Histograms, particularly when the group sample sizes are small (n < 30).